Claudio Soto, Ph.D.
Professor of Neurology
- Telephone: 713-500-7086
- Fax: 713-500-0773
- E-mail: Claudio.Soto@uth.tmc.edu
Education and Training:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Catholic University of Chile, Santiago, Chile, and New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
Publications and Medical/Scientific Participation
- Dr. Soto has published more than 100 peer review scientific publications and contributed to more than 20 books, including one written entirely by himself. Many of his studies have been published in the most prestigious scientific journals (including Cell, Nature, Science, Nature medicine, PNAS, Neuron, EMBO J, etc).
- Molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases associated to the misfolding and brain accumulation of proteins, particularly focusing in Alzheimer’s and prion-related disorders.