Kazim Sheikh, M.D.
Professor of Neurology
Director, Neuromuscular Program
- Patient Appointments: 832-325-7080
- Assistant: 713-500-6784
- Telephone: 713-500-7979
- Fax: 713-500-0773
- E-mail: Kazim.Sheikh@uth.tmc.edu
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology Muscle Pathology Additional Qualification
Education and Training:
- M.B.B.S., King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan
- Internship/Residency, Mayo Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan
- Internal Medicine Internship, Nassau County Medical Center, SUNY, East Meadow, New York
- Neurology Residency, Neurological Institute, Columbia University, New York, New York
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Peripheral Nerve, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- peripheral nerve disorders including CIDP and vasculitis
- myopathies and myositis
- neuromuscular junction disorders
- Development of new therapies to enhance axon regeneration and nerve repair for the treatment of peripheral neuropathies.
- Development of novel treatments for Guillain-Barré syndrome, CIDP, and other immune neuropathies.
- MRI of nerve and muscle for diagnosis and monitoring neuromuscular disorders and to objectively measure their responsiveness to therapeutic interventions.