What you should know
Five most common stroke symptoms
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Other important but less common stroke symptoms
- Sudden nausea and vomiting
- Brief loss of consciousness or period of decreased consciousness (fainting, confusion, convulsions or coma)
Call 911 if you see or have any of these symptoms.
Treatment can be more effective if given quickly.
Every minute counts!